Sunday, May 29, 2011

we made art today!



Abstract art, planned accidents, collaboration of two artists (one to-be full time, and one.. retired? No I won't call myself a retired artist because I will paint once my exams are over in just half a years' time. And we are 'official illustrators', both of us. Though I wouldn't say that makes me satisfied.)

I feel abstract is the best for the creation of an art piece with a friend for it is spontaneous and free. Working on a still life together might be quite disastrous for two perfectionists (I want to try that though, it'd be interesting to observe our interaction and how we'll deal with frustration or how we'll compromise) while this unplanned collaboration allows room for improvisations, flow of ideas and there are no mistakes - 'mistakes' can either be beautiful additions or a chance for improvisation.


squid lookalike





This is made with oil paint dissolved in oil, and black batik ink,
and our breaths through a straw.

it became a bit of a mess at the end due to the oil (our favourite piece not under lighting though!)


It looked like this at first.




(our first experiment piece)

-

I'm trying to not think what distance will do. Seems like the ones I talk to the most will be away from me very soon.

And I will be away for around 3 weeks :(

-

No comments: